The breadth of the role provides an opportunity to learn the basics of FMCG marketing through exposure to projects across the entire marketing mix from ATL, BTL and NPD.
The job holder will be involved in diverse strategic projects across the whole marketing team but will also have to support the team with budget and administration tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Building knowledge to win
- Understands qualitative and quantitative research projects to ensure deep understanding of consumer needs prioritising actionable insights for the market that support and inform business strategy
- Understand drivers of growth within the market to inform the brand strategy
- Working with finance and trade marketing to apply controls to consistently track and improve commercial performance including understanding the performance of local promotional / in-store interventions, along with monitoring competitor business and portfolios
- Track key performance measures for the brand, monitor & evaluate plans against targets and objectives
Developing successful innovation
- Understand customer strategies, category and shopper insights to support innovation projects through the development of customer sell-in material
- Build relationships beyond immediate team with other categories in order to learn from others’ experiences and leverage best practice, and getting involved with cross-market / cross-category projects as required.
Developing great integrated communications
- Understands the key elements of a clear brief for integrated communications planning and media choices.
- Understanding of the development of impactful and integrated activation plan which optimises the marketing mix across key touch-points
- Understands the role of different channels including traditional and digital media including the basic media metrics
- Understand the benefit in consistent application of a communications idea and the benefit of strong and timely integrated communication
Creating in-store excellence
- Monitor on-going range business performance – identify opportunities and supports range optimisation, ensuring relevant minimisation of “tail”, minimisation of pack and product write-offs.
- Understands the packaging briefing process and is involved in the development of packaging with presence for in market execution.
- Aware of the differences between consumer and shopper and understand the role of the shopper in brand plans
- Aware of key trade relationships working alongside sales and trade marketing teams to understand factors influencing the brand and shopper journey in-store
- Show enthusiasm to develop new skills and demonstrate the willingness to stretch beyond expectations
- Understand the role and the deliverables that contribute to the business vision
- Gain self-understanding through feedback